Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Marrakech

Welcome to Marrakech, Watercolour on paper

I am still working on the Morocco series for my exhibition in the Open Eye Gallery. I have a couple of months to work on my paintings and have completed about half the show .

Small paintings like this one still take me around a day to complete. Some of the larger pieces take months. What matters to me is the quality of the work and I would never knowingly let a piece out of the studio incomplete. The worst thing to me is to come across an older work which I know is not finished to the best of my ability at the time.

A finished work is one that no longer annoys me. When I do finish them I like to put them away and not look at them for quite some time. I know some artists like to live with their work for a while but not me. Once they are complete I move on mentally.

No comments: